Sunday, February 10, 2008

Language Arts resource review

My second website observation was another driven by my daughters’ curiosity and came from the same Fun Brain website as the math resource. Grammar Gorillas is a colorful grammar game that is actually useful for the Freshmen I teach, as well as my elementary-aged daughters (and some adults who could use a refresher). The graphics are adequate and there are many levels on which questions are based. The best part is the corrections that are offered if a student makes a mistake. Along with that are are the definitions of the parts of speech at the bottom of each page. I recommend this page and have had my children spend time on it, and they have enjoyed it too.

1 comment:

Tori said...

I found this same game! I like it, because it not only was great for practice, but it also gave the definitions to the different parts of speech.