Sunday, April 20, 2008

Late Semester Weekly Blog

This week's blog finds me realizing the semester is quickly coming to a close and I have a ton of work to complete. At the end of this semester I will have completed 20 years of University work. In that time, I have earned undergraduate degrees in history and English, a teaching certification, a Masters in Education, and (almost) a Masters in English (I'm two classes shy of qualifying). The stress is mounting because I have three major assignments due in the next 14 days, while also having to take care of my high school students (and my family!). I can't wait until it's over!

As I begin figuring out our final project for this class, I realized I do not know how to use Inspiration. Hopefully the learning curve is manageable and I'll be able to put together a good presentation for this class. Now the only problem is to decide upon which idea I'll focus on. At this moment I have at least a half a dozen different projects that I want to incorporate into my classes next year. On top of that, there are a few projects that I want to create for my own classroom presentations. What I envision down the road is having every technology integrated into every one of my classes. I can show succinct video clips of our daily vocabulary word; I can include a popular song in my daily lesson plans to relate to themes in the short stories or poems we're reading: and I can even feature a daily visual (and audio) biography of a famous writer we're studying. Gee, with so many educational possibilities, and the only constraints being imagination and time, I'm imbued with an excitement that was so common when I first began teaching (15 years ago), yet often don't experience as often as I'd like. I'm excited.

No comments: