Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Panraven storybook project - Shea Stadium Memories




This week's blog has my Panraven storybook project called Shea Stadium Memories embedded above. This medium is another wonderful tool for both students and teachers. I have shared my last two projects in this class (poster and Flickr Slide Show) with the baseball fans in my high school class, and they like this one the best. Apparently they enjoy the slide show with the captions explaining each image of Shea.

This was an enjoyable project, but it wasn't as user-friendly as the last few projects we completed. The issues of limitations on text (on my slide-show the words seem too small, or perhaps my aging eyes are showing their weakness), and lack of manipulation objects of the individual pictures are minor flaws, and students should be able to produce a compelling story with very little direction and not a whole lot of man-hours.

One project I'll start with my students using Panraven will be autobiographies of their favorite poets. They will have a biographical theme, which will lend well with pictures and text. I may start this before the year ends, because it is fairly easy, and students should be able to garner pictures of their poets on the web. Overall, this program gets easier the more you work with it, but even a novice can produce an adequate, educational, and instructive final project on a first attempt.

No comments: