Sunday, March 23, 2008

Comic Life - KinderComics

This past week we were introduced to Comic Life and I am amazed at its possibilities in the classroom. Students can work on a creative project that can combine artistic ability, visual graphics, and writing clarity, all in one package. After my initial introduction I left class with a number of ideas for educational applications and I believe I have one that we'll begin working on soon. My English Tutorial class, a class comprised of Freshmen and Sophomore students who are identified to be at-risk, weekly read to elementary students and a Comic Life project would be right up their alley, so to speak. All I have to do is work out the logistics, especially the parts concerning computer access, a digital camera, and computers that have the program (of which our school has none).

The reason this project should work is that the students can learn a new program, have artistic control over its direction, and have something tangible when the project is complete. On top of that, they'll be able to give their KinderComic books to the students, who should love them. I'm really looking forward to this.

No comments: